28 Jan 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope everyone in our community is well and were able to enjoy some downtime with friends and family over the break, despite COVID-19 still having an impact on how we spend time with others and travel. With the recent outbreak we must be very careful to ensure we follow all Departmental guidelines with regards to COVID-19 protocols and expectations. These do change regularly and I will do my best to keep everyone updated as changes occur.
With school starting back tomorrow for Years 1-6, the big change to start the term will be the use of the NSW Health QR code. Displayed on the front gate will be the QR code for Blaxcell Street Public School. This needs to be scanned every time you enter the school grounds to access the office or uniform shop. Please also be prepared to show staff in the office that you have registered with the code.
Unfortunately, due to the size of our school, parents and carers will still not be permitted onsite to drop off students. Parents will only be allowed to enter for the following reasons;
- purchase uniforms from the Uniform Shop (9:10am-10:10am)
- meet with school staff with a confirmed appointment
- new parents of 2021 OC students (only Friday 29 January)
For Years 1-6, the same procedures as last year will continue to be in place.
- Students to be dropped off at the main gate on Guildford Road in the morning. Our students did this smoothly last year and I am sure they will continue in the same way this year.
- There will be no access to the school between 11:10am-11:45am and 1:15pm-1:45pm each day (play time for students).
- No parents will be able to access the school between 2:00pm-2:40pm (unless prior Principal approval has been arranged).
- At 2:40pm, the pedestrian gates on Guildford Road will be open for parents to enter and collect children at 2:45pm.
- Please continue to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Please do not gather with other parents when picking up your child.
- Please leave the site as soon as you have collected your child.
2021 Kindergarten Parents
There will be a specific entry gate assigned to Kindergarten parents throughout the Best Start process. Only the registered child and parent will be able to enter at the confirmed booking time for their Best Start assessment.
Kindergarten parents (maximum 2 adults) will be allowed on site for Kindergarten's first day on Wednesday 3rd February. After that they will need to be dropped off and picked up like the remainder of the school. I know this may make some parents anxious, however please trust that they will be ok. There will be staff on hand to assist and we will take good care of them.
I am hopeful that it won't be long before we can start to welcome parents and caregivers back onsite. It is not the same without you, but we are doing what we have to in order to ensure the safety of everyone.
Executive staff will be supervising the gates mornings and afternoons to help with the process and welcome students back. I look forward to seeing our students and many of you when you drop them off tomorrow morning.
Mr Hani Zahra